April 2nd, 2020 – Message from PV
Updated Message from Pleasant View Leadership
It is my hope and prayer that you all are doing and feeling well during this challenging time for all of us! As some of you may know, the ministry, business, online-filming, and editing teams as well as the task force team at Pleasant View have been meeting via technology to make every attempt that we as a body can stay connected on Sunday mornings. We sincerely hope that you join us each Sunday and participate in the chat room where we can connect with each other. Although it may not be as sweet a fellowship as it was a few weeks ago, I challenge you to remember that our God is in complete control. This is absolutely stretching all of us, but God can and will use us in so many unique ways that we never anticipated! This is our time to shine as Jesus’ hands and feet being there for family members, neighbors, and those in need.
As you know, we have been given a stay-at-home order through the end of April. In light of this daunting news, we plan to continue with our Sunday morning taped services at least through this time period. We will communicate with you when the online services will return to onsite services. What a SWEET reunion that Sunday morning will be!
For Pleasant View congregants, please reach out to your small group leaders, deacons or pastors if there is anything we can do to help you during this time of quarantine. Also, please remember to use this time to connect with friends, family and neighbors who don’t know Christ. It is He who gives us peace! So invite everyone to come join us online on Sunday mornings. It really is a “come as you are” service right now! God’s Word brings peace and frees us from the fear that so many are dealing with at the present time.
We are working towards live streaming the service. We hope to have this up and running within a few weeks. Click here for the link for the Sunday stream. Remember, the services are at 9:30 AM and 11 AM EST. You can also locate the video on our Church YouTube Channel or in the Sermons section of this website to watch anytime after the service times, or in the event of any technical issues with our online service.
Thank you so much! Stay strong and stay in the Word. This can be a time when we all grow so much in our faith! Watch for other resources like KidZone lessons via the Youtube channel and our upcoming Good Friday service!
Tom Wise Pastor of Worship
March 19th, 2020 – Message from PV
COVID-19 Message from Pleasant View Leadership
The Coronavirus is a serious public health issue that we as a Leadership Team have been monitoring very closely each day. As you all know the government has taken drastic measures in an attempt to contain the virus and stop its spread. The government has asked that all gatherings of ten or more people be stopped as an additional measure to contain the virus.
Due to these measures we as a Leadership Team have decided to take the following steps:
All Church services are cancelled for the next four weeks effective immediately
- We will be doing online services starting Sunday March 22nd with more details to follow later this week. Online services will continue until we are able to meet in person again. We will work to make sure these online services are done as professional as possible but please be patient as we work through the challenges of setting them up.
- Cancellations include all reservations of the church, Night of Worship and programs where ten or more meet such as Jr. High (Ignite). Ignite is looking at doing a Sunday lesson online, we’ll communicate the details as they become clear.
- Hearts for Hunger will continue to operate to provide food to those still in need. They will however be changing the delivery of the food to minimize contact.
Small Groups and Senior High Youth Group please meet at your discretion
- Each small group should decide on their own if they would like to meet. We understand the importance of still having a connection during this time we just ask that you use good judgement and common sense.
- Joel and Cali, our Youth Leaders, will be in communication with parents to discuss if they would like to continue to meet. If you are a parent of a Senior High Youth please feel free to reach out to Joel and Cali to discuss how to proceed.
We will reevaluate and communicate any additional changes as quickly as we can
- As the situation still unfolds we are uncertain if four weeks will be enough time. We as a Leadership Team will keep evaluating the situation and make adjustments as needed. We will do our best to communicate any changes to the church in a timely manner.
We understand with this announcement there may be some that are upset we are taking such drastic steps. We want to acknowledge that these are very drastic steps but we feel they are the correct steps to be obedient to the authorities that God has placed us under (Romans 13) and to ensure the safety of our Church members, especially our elder members.
During times of uncertainty and fear we have to always remember, we serve a BIG God, a God much bigger than any issue we face including the Coronavirus. In these moments we can’t live in fear, but instead need to live in faith and know that God is going to see us through this time of uncertainty.
Proverbs 3:5-6 states, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.“
Philippians 4:6-7 states “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.“
We need to replace our fear with faith, we need to replace our anxiety with trust in the God that knit us in our mother’s womb. He will grant us peace through this moment of uncertainty.
Lastly we want everyone to do something some may find odd. Look at this time with optimism as this is a great opportunity to exercise our faith and our belief in our
powerful God. This is also a time when we as a Church can shine to a world that is turned upside-down by these recent events. Pray and look for opportunities
to share the hope and light of our God who keeps us stable through these times. Despite our separation remember we remain a church body! We can still serve each other in prayer and other ways despite not meeting together in a church building.
Any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to leadership via Realm or by using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pleasant View Church Leadership Team